FPA Trained Fire Wardens
A fire warden is a designated person within a building who supports the ongoing management of fire safety, contributing to the safety of staff and the public should a fire evacuation be required. Security Guards are often good choices for this responsibility, trained by Veritech Fire Safety for your site. We believe good fire warden training is based on the following;
- A dedicated senior manager responsible for maintaining the credibility of training courses and material
- Training courses & material only supplied by industry experts and associations (i.e. NEBOSH, IOSH & FPA)
- Classroom training and identification checks to ensure the exams are being taken by the student
- Only qualified & experienced fire safety trainers deliver our courses
- All exams are managed by a qualified examinations invigilator
When is a Fire Warden not a Fire Warden?
Many companies contact security companies to supply them with competent fire warden to protect their premises, often with the responsibility for protecting life as well as property. The issue with security companies is they often don’t specialise in fire safety and leave the training to third party companies. The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 states that the responsible person has to appoint competent fire wardens. In the event of a fire-related incident the responsible person could well be required to prove to the HSE that the fire warden is competent.
Fire Safety Equipment
Following the highest Fire Safety Standards
- All fire wardens have mobile phones and 4G PPT radios. This provides them with a single button connection to our control room to trigger an emergency event and the ability to communicate with the emergency services at the same time.
- Fire wardens have tracking system software, to adhere to our high standards of lone worker protection and to prove to clients that patrols are being completed. In the event of an emergency event, our control room can view live tracking data on the dedicated event screen.
- All fire extinguishers supplied to a project will be commissioned and serviced by one of our BAFE qualified servicing engineers.
- Prior to the commencement of a fire warden contract, a survey of the site would be conducted by one of our fire risk assessors and a detailed report produced to identify issues that need rectification.
Wireless Fire Alarm Systems
Flexible, Dependable Fire Safety
Wireless fire alarm systems are a quick and efficient way to bring your site up to legal and insurance requirements. Being wireless, they aren't dependent on hazardous mains power and can be easily moved to support the growth of your site without incurring any delays.
We work with a number of 3rd party providers, combining our excellent security and 24/7 operation with their highly tested, accredited and proven products.
Our wireless Alarm systems sent alerts straight to our 24/7 Monitoring Centre.